Application API Overview
Using the Application API, it is possible for organisations to develop Applications (apps) that can interact with a member's PDS. For example, an app may help a member to notify their suppliers and contacts of changes to their details, or it could analyse their data and propose appropriate products and services.
Members will be able to use an Application at a number of locations across their PDS, such as:
- On their Dashboard
- From within the Mydex Application Directory
Building an Application
The in-platform Application API is currently under development. In the meantime, you can join the mailing list for early beta access when it's available.
The following steps outline how to build an Application and have it appear in the Mydex Application Directory, once the Application API is made available:
- Register here for a Mydex Developer Account
- Thoroughly test your application against the Mydex Sandbox
- Submit your Application to Mydex, making sure that the application adheres to these rules.
- Mydex will complete security testing of your application and verification of your organisation
- Mydex will notify you of successful completion or identify any issues to be resolved
- If successful, the application will be released into the Mydex Application Directory
The Application Process
- A Member installs the Application
- An API call is made to Application endpoint to initiate
- The Application can now use the API to read/write members data according to permissions granted by the member and documented in the data sharing agreement
- Updates by the member can automatically be shared via the Application API