Mydex's core social purpose is to empower individuals.
We believe in the digital self, equipped with digital human rights.
We equip our members to exist in the online world with a trusted identity. We provide members with the tools and services to operate with the rest of society on their own terms.
We provide our members with a secure storage area and service so they can manage their personal data their way, from any aspect of their life. They key elements of this service are:
- No one but the member can access or see their data Whether it is text, numbers, images, video, certificates or sound.
- All the records of a members life are kept safe Driving licence, council tax, supplier details, mobile phone calling history, bank statements, letters they wrote or received.
- A members personal data store is integrated and only accessible by them They can free yourself from the different storage systems they use; no more physical filing cabinets and different memory aids.
- They can assert proof of claims relating to a wide range of life matters Including their identity, where they live, whether they have a driving licence, are insured, or what their educational track record looks like.
They can analyse and manipulate their data electronically to get answers and insights
- Using a web-based or smart phone application supplied by Mydex to carry out basic functions within their own personal data store environment
- Installing applications or services from third parties that add value or perform some kind of service for them. These third parties do this by accessing specific data held in the members personal data store on a secure, permissioned basis.
- They can express their intentions and preferences across an unlimited number of fields of interest Including how they like to be communicated with, what they are planning to do, what they may be looking to buy, or where they may want to go on holiday.
- They control how others can use their data for how long and how often Mydex makes it possible for them to share their personal data with organisations and other individuals in a secure way using encrypted transmission.
Instead of giving up their data to comparison websites, they allow them make use of it to deliver the service or answer the member wants.
It’s their personal private space, online, available from anywhere, anytime - The most private and secure place in the world for their life history to reside, and always under their control.
In the future this may be stored anywhere they choose, it can exist in multiple places, be switched off from the internet at any time and will always be portable and available to them.
Their data, Their way.