Introduction to the PDS API
Almost every interaction with the Mydex platform involves accessing or updating data in a Personal Data Store (hereafter referred to as a PDS). As a developer, you can accomplish this by sending data along a secure connection between a Mydex member's PDS and your application via an API request.
The following section outlines the necessary steps for a starting developer to register for an API key and make some API requests to the PDS API with a set of artificial test data:
- Register for a developer account to get an API key
- Create a Mydex PDS on the Sandbox server
- Add fake/test data to the sandbox PDS
- Activate a developer test connection to the sandbox PDS
- Make some test API requests to read from the sandbox PDS
Register for your Developer Account & API Key
You can register for your developer account by clicking the link below.
After you have registered an account, you will be issued with an API key.
Your API key and developer account details are private information which should not be shared with anyone else.
Once you have registered for a developer account, you are ready to set up a test PDS on the sandbox.